Higher Education Case Managers serve the University and individual students by coordinating prevention, intervention, and support efforts to identify and assist at risk students and students facing crises, life traumas, and other barriers that impede success.
- Provide comprehensive consultation services to the Syracuse University community to proactively identify at-risk and/or struggling students
- Provide outreach to identified students
- Provide early intervention and behaviorally based assessments to determine appropriate resources, supports
- Provide supportive intervention, guidance and advocacy services
- Provide referrals and campus navigation
- Monitoring student progress and follow up support plans
What to Expect: Case Managers may reach out to students if we are made aware that they may be struggling with some aspect of campus life and/or have been impacted by a recent event. A meeting will be scheduled in which the case manager and student will discuss current struggles or barriers as well as action planning for future follow up including possible referrals to additional supports and ongoing case management within Student Assistance. Interaction with a case manager may continue throughout the semester or longer as determined by the case manager and student.